1) Clinical is pretty damn awesome. Even though it’s lots of sleep deprivation (like yesterday I had a clinical day then 10 hours of clinical paperwork to do afterwards then had to be back at the hospital at 6:30 this morning), I’m calmer and happier than I’ve been in years.
2) Here’s a dose of the Avett Brothers since I haven’t given you one in awhile:
So, I watched as those who ask for love, demanding some respect
Became the last in line to have what they come to expect
As what nobody taught them that they so rightly deserve
And the hums of their misfortune peaked, the hardest lesson learned
3) “I’m still young! But I’m not that young.”
This guy pretty much hits the nail on the head when it comes to describing what it’s like to be 24.
I don’t want to get married. But I can see myself settling down in a few years if I met the right girl.
Used to drink heavily, now it’s a rare occurrence
Doesn’t matter if i stumble, I’m on my parents insurance
Gotta hit the gym ’cause I’m losing my agility
No joke: last summer there was a week where my tailbone hurt for no reason. And I mentioned it to my mom. Her response, verbatim, was:
Well, you’re 24. You’re getting to that age where you start to have aches and pains for no reason.
WHAT?! It was a rude awakening. I kind of felt like those things didn’t happen until you’re 40. And so, on that day, I think I accepted mortality. Feelings of invincibility have long since passed.
4) For the record… I do, in fact like Greg and Donny better than Pittsburgh Dad. But it’s way old news and there are no new episodes. So, why would I blog about it? Hmm? And I’m not sure why people always have to make things a competition between two preferences when there’s nothing wrong with liking both. Also, Pittsburgh Dad is the funniest thing on Twitter.
5) Speaking of the Pens… I couldn’t watch the game due to clinical stuff. But I checked the score when it was over. WHAT HAPPENED?! 10 goals is outrageous. I fell on the floor from happiness and definitely need to see this game at some point in my life.
6) I need a house husband. Duties of a house husband:
– Make me breakfast, pack my lunch, and cook dinner
– Clean the house, run errands, and pay bills
– Record Pens games so I can watch them when I have time
– Work out every day and stay hot
– Give me massages when my upper back hurts from stress
7) Today I learned about cornbread dressing and other differences between Thanksgiving in the south and the one I’ve always known. Food is just better here. In pretty much every way. I mean, baked mac n cheese instead of steamed vegetables?! I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS. Obviously don’t have enough days off to go home but I’m not sad about it at all anymore.